Thursday, March 7, 2013

Trust

Every morning as part of my prayer and meditation time, I read a devotion from Melody Beattie's book, The Language of Letting Go.  Here's what it said for today:
March 7 - Fulfillment
"'Everything I need shall be provided today.  Everything.'  Say it, until you believe it.  Say it at the beginning of the day.  Say it throughout the day.
Sometimes, it helps to know what we want and need.  But if we don't, we can trust that God does.
When we ask, trust, and believe that our needs will be met, our needs will be met.  Sometimes God cares about the silliest little things, if we do."

Everything I need shall be provided today.  Everything.  Even as a 1st world person living with food, shelter, jobs, car, clothing, and so many things, I still forget.  I still worry.  I worry about retirement.  I'm only 43.  I worry about health and how things will work out.  I worry about where the money will come from, where the time will come from, how things will get done.  I worry too much, and I've been told that it's a misuse of my imagination. 

Everything I need shall be provided today.  What if I really believed that?  How would it change my day?  Because everything I need has been provided today.  Maybe not everything I wanted, but everything I needed.  Maybe I could spend more time trusting that my needs will be met rather than imagining how they won't be. 

Healing for me involves letting go of my anxiety and worry.  Trusting that my needs will be met.  Trusting that there will be enough money, insurance, time, energy, chocolate.  There is enough.  There is enough for the needs of today.  And that's all we have.  Today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment